Dear parents – don’t worry! – to be truthful we are not all super organised and yes, some of us are indeed caught unawares by the upcoming spring break holidays.
While some can afford the trip to Hawaii, Disney land or trek to Whistler, many are stuck in super-rainy city Vancouver. Do not despair! Many things to do – indoors and out. Here are a few great suggestions in addition to the ones posted last month:
– PlayDome is here! What is PlayDome? BC Place becomes for a week starting tomorrow March 16th the host of a giant INDOOR amusement park – from Ferris wheel to kiddie rides to fast ones, for $29/day or $49 for the entire week, kids can have a blast indoors on more than 45 rides! Click here for a $5 coupon from The Beat 94.5. My kids #LOVE going there – and tip – with younger kids, go early in the day as there are no crowds and no hyperactive teenagers.
– The Kids’ Market on Granville Island is again going to be host to tons of fun – check out schedule here.
– Vancouver libraries will be offering a number of activities, the most exciting perhaps at Kensington branch which includes creating the world’s longest paper chain.
– Go (while you still can) to do a game of bowling! Grandview Lanes is still open and less than $40 dollars gets you one hour for up to six bowlers including free shoe rentals for children 12 and under.
– Or maybe you kids can join the circus without running away? Circus West has many options for kids 5 and older.
– And if the weather cooperates, there are daily Wildlife Adventure Camps at Grouse Mountain in addition to the usual ski camps they offer.
And to make the older kids feel more special, there is nothing like dropping off their younger sibling with a friend for a few hours or in a drop-in center – like the one in Vancouver at Broadway and Oak – my youngest loves Buddings so much that she runs to the door! The one on one attention will make lasting memories.
And – there are tons of crafts available on-line, but my favorite way to discover them has become Pinterest – a picture is indeed worth a thousand words!
Have a happy spring break! 😉